How A Low-Carb Diet Works For Your Weight Loss
Losing weight seems to be an overweight task for most of the people who are facing problem due to their obesity or overweight. The problem is that most of the people are not so educated about the weight loss sector and hence they may end up following their diets that comes more harmful for their health. O course, there are different diets specifically tailored for different body shapes. Now if you target to lose weight fast and effectively, a low-carb diet is definitely a recommended one for you.
What Is A Low-Carb Diet?
A low-carb diet contains moderate amount or extremely low amount of carbohydrates. Usually, we get maximum amount of carbohydrates from grains, wheat products, starchy vegetables and pastas. Since the low-carb diets are quite low on carbohydrate, it contains high amount of proteins and fats taken from animals and vegetables alike.
Benefits of a Low-Carb Diet
Low-carb diets are not new as people have been following these types of diets for a long time due to its several benefits –
- Fast weight loss
- Better control on blood sugar and insulin level
- Decreased hunger
- Eliminating the risk of heart diseases
- Boosting the cognitive performance
- Lessening risk of some types of cancer
How This Low-Carb Diet Works?
If you take a lot of carbohydrate-loaded food, chance is that you may have to suffer from the spike of insulin level. Such high dosed insulin fastens the fat and boosts the burning of glucose instead of fat.
Now, when a person remains on low-carb diet, he is likely to experience the maximum weight loss during the primary stage. The main reason behind it is that low level of insulin causes his kidneys to get rid of surplus amount of sodium. In addition, carbs are often stored in the glycogen form that binds large amount of water molecules in the muscles and liver. With the reduced level of carbohydrate in the blood, the amount of glycogen automatically drops down along with the level of water.
Hence, the initial reduction in carbohydrate directs the body to shed off more sodium and water that ultimately leads to maximum weight loss in the initial stage.
Suggested Foods for A Low-Carb Diet
After knowing those several benefits including fast weight loss that a low-carb diet offers you, you may be curious to follow it. This specific diet is loaded with high protein and fats and thankfully, you have plethora of food options that are quite high with healthy proteins and fats.
- Meat and Poultry: Different types of unprocessed meat including lamb, beef, pork and veal are ideal for your low-carb diet. For the poultry items, you can take chicken, turkey, duck and other types of fowl along with their skins. Remember that you have to avoid all types of processed meat when you are on low-carb diet.
- Seafood: It is suggested to choose freshly caught or wild seafood instead of cultured and farmed fish.
- Healthy Fats: Don’t take trans-fat and hydrogenated oils. Rather it is recommended to consume all those fats and oils such as lard, butter and ghee that remain solid at the normal room temperature. Always remember that since you are aiming to lose your weight, taking moderate amount of healthy fat is ideal. But you should never exceed the level of fat consumption.